Monday 5 August 2013

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer - Review & Swatches of Apocaliptic & Nova


Rimmel London have recently launched  Apocalips Lip Lacquer. Rimmel say that they are "neither a lipstick nor a gloss... It's BIGGER than both! ".  Unfortunately Australia (as usual) are a bit late to receive these absolute gems from Rimmel as they were released about six months ago overseas. The RRP is $15.95. There are 8 shades in total in Australia and I have two for review today that I think are just lovely.


Apocaliptic is a bright fuchsia pink.



Nova is blue based mid toned pink. 


The applicator is definitely not typical doe-foot in style. It has a sharp tip with soft curve that fits the contour of the lips perfectly that aids in a beautiful application. There is also a well in the centre of the curve that holds some of the product without dripping out. A really nice touch. 


The longevity of this product is truly impressive. As to be expected the colour isn't as bright after eating but the stain of the colour still remains. I think you can expect 4 hours of good wear with touching up after eating. The colour also didn't transfer onto cups I was drinking out of. The photo below is of me wearing Apocaliptic after five hours. I had devonshire tea, a  latte and spent a good two hours outside in cold, windy weather. Obviously there's some wear around the the centre of the lip however the outline has pulled up very well. There's some miner feathering but nothing I was too worried about.  




All in all this is a FANTASTIC Rimmel product that I really recommend. I'll definitely be picking up some shades when I see them on sale. I think a good deal for these would be a BOGO (buy one get one free) or for when they're on sale at or below the $10 mark. Remember that Chemist Warehouse and My Chemist in Australia ALWAYS have 15% off Rimmel. So if you can't wait for a sale, check there first. If you like buying online click here which will take you to Asos. They've got them for $10.51 with free worldwide shipping. Gotta love Asos!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting about the longevity of these! Really tempted to buy! x
    www.lavishlaura.com

    ReplyDelete