Monday 12 August 2013

My First Face of the Day!

Are you ready? Am I ready?! It's the first time I'm showing my face here!




Yep that's me. Transparent lashes, stubborn pimples that won't go away and uneven brows! I had an awful threading experience with a particular lady that had no idea what she was doing. Epic sad times and I am STILL trying to grow them out to where they once were. In terms of my skin, it's not sensitive and I would describe it as "normal". My mild acne is hormonal and is affected greatly by birth control (might go further into detail on that in another post).





I went and saw 100 Bloody Acres at Cinema Nova in Melbourne. It was actually pretty good! Definitely some Aussie humour thrown into a very professionally filmed movie (I was surprised, sometimes the Aussie ones miss that). It's said to be a horror/comedy film and whilst the story line might have a horror twang to it, it wasn't actually that scary. So if you're a horror detester (like myself) don't let that throw you!


I used Bioderma to clean up my skin a little bit, argan oil (review coming soon!) to moisturise and Nude By Nature's Professional Airbrush Mineral Primer to prime. I'm not head over heels with this primer but I needed one that was water based so it would work well with my Illamasqua Skin Base in the shade 02. That's the second lightest (lightest being white). I also used the Essence 16 hour concealer in the lightest shade to hide blemishes.


Used MAC's Mineralise Skin Finish in Lightscapade as a highlight, The Balm's blush in Hot Mama as a blush and Rimmel's Natural Bronzer in Sun Bronze 022 as a contour.


I used Inglot's AMC Eyeliner Gel in 76 as a base for my eyelid. I don't recommend this at all!! My liner actually transferred onto my eyelid. So sad! I then used MAC studio finish concealer in NC15 from crease to brow as Inglot's white is very pigmented and looked a little silly on my brow bone. Going all over the lid I used Australis' 10 hour wear pencil in Bombtastic Bomb, followed by Silly shadow. Sleek  and Sultry was used in the crease with Serious as a liner. 


Brows were filled in with Prestige's eyebrow kit in Light - Medium. Lips were lined using Essence's lip liner in 07 Cute Pink followed by Rimmel Apocalips in Nova. I wrote a review on it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment