Tuesday 13 August 2013

Mid August 2013 Beauty Bargains From Australian Retailers

As a kid living on a dirt road in the middle of suburbia I sadly never got junk mail. The shiny catalogues of the latest sales still to this day intrigues me and I LOVE looking through them all. Luckily I live in a more central location to get these great gems and today I thought I would share what I think are worth looking at from Target, My Chemist and Terry White.

Target (15th August - 21st August)

  • 25% off Chi Chi
    • Have a look at their lip liners and new palettes. I reviewed the Chi Chi Nudes palette
  • Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation for $14
    • You save $5.95 for a decent foundation. It has a pump and whilst it isn't a holy grail it's not bad.
  • Rimmel Lipstick for $8
    • Save $3.95 off an okay lipstick. Good range of colours (especially matte) however I find them a bit drying. Get them on a 40-50% off sale to get your monies worth.
  • Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation for $13
    • With a saving of $4.95 it might be worth checking out if it's your go to. I've never tried and probably won't until it's on sale for under $10
  • Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer for $12
    • LOVE! Definitely worth the $12 (you're still saving $4.95). I wrote a review on them here.
  • Max Factor Foundations $19
    • A really, really good deal here from Target as there's a maximum saving of $17.95 from their most expensive foundations.

My Chemist (12th August - 1st September)


  • Spend $30 on Revlon and receive 2 Kissable Lip Stains
    • This is a free gift valued at $35.90. I don't know what shades they are specifically so I will have to check when in store. I actually don't like the ones I got and after trying so hard to make them work I don't think I'll be picking up on this really good offer. 
  • Spend $15 on Rimmel and receive a free gift
    • I can't tell you exactly what this free gift is (picture too small) but it is valued at $39.85. I do think this is different to the free gift with purchase from Priceline that I blogged about here. Seems like a good gift, check it out!
  • Maybelline Colour Sensational Whisper Lip Colour for $8.99
    • This is an introductory offer so there's a saving of $5.96 to be had. My tip, pick up one see if you like it and then go back to get more (before 1st of September)
  • Take $10 off all Revlon lips, face and eye products
    • This is a great deal when combined with the free gift as mentioned above. Time to stock up on Revlon's amazing foundations!
  • All Maybelline BB Creams half price
    • At 50% off they come to $7.99 each. Make sure to swatch them in store, as there isn't a lot of shade range you might not find your perfect match.
Terry White Chemists (8th August - 21st August))
  • All L'Oreal foundations 35% off
    • Pretty good deal,  the best would be 40-50% off but if you're in the market have a look. I quite like lumi foundation (however stere clear if you like heavy coverages and oily skin)
  • Free 4 Piece Napoleon Perdis gift with the purchase of $75
    • Valued at $280. Gift includes: Cream blush compact, Camera finish powder foundation, Lip patrol in brown sugar and a limited-edition bag. The whole "valued at $280" is bull. We don't know how much this bag actually costs and I'm fairly sure that the only current product is the Camera finish powder foundation. Don't get too excited over this deal, instead make sure to get your monies worth and get them to do your makeup with the products that you're purchasing and also get the free gift. I presume this would only be at Terry White chemists that have a NP counter.

So, what am I getting?

From Target I will be looking at getting some Chi Chi lip liners and lipsticks and probably a foundation too. I'm going to have to double check what lip stains come from My Chemist as the gift. If they're worth it I might take that offer onboard as well as the $10 off lips, face and eyes. I haven't tried the new Colorstay with the pump yet! I'm also going to swatch Maybelline BB creams to see if there's a shade light enough to match my NC15 skin. I'm also going to check out the L'Oreal true match foundations at Terry White.

No comments:

Post a Comment