Sunday 29 September 2013

The Balm Shady Lady Palette Volume 2 Review and Swatches


Ahhh The Balm... I am SO in love with this brand. I adore this really unique and quirky line of makeup. What also impresses me is that you can purchase this American brand at an afforable price from Australian retailer David Jones. There is a price markup but not as extravagant as other brands. You can also purchase online through their website and get it shipped to Australia.


 Today I will be reviewing the Shady Lady Volume 2. It retails for $39.95 in the States and I THINK $49.95 at David Jones Australia. There are three volumes total and they all have nine eyeshadows and a mirror.
'

Packaging wise I really like this palette and the mirror is a perfect size for makeup on the go. It closes shut tightly thanks to a magnet. It is cupboard so make sure to keep away from water! As you can see in the above photo Just This Once Jamie shadow has popped out slightly and it's been like that since I opened it. Obviously I have a faulty one but I'm going to call it special ;)


What I like about the selection of colours is that they're all incredibly wearable yet still have that pop of colour. It is possible to get a look using only this palette but I think it would be hard to travel with. I would recommend a neutral palette to accompany with it. 
Caught in the act Courtney, feisty Felicia, insane Jane, bossy Bobbi, makeout Mary, just this once Jamie, mischievous Marissa, tempting Tara & devilish Danielle
Courtney and Felicia are the only shades with visible specks of shimmer whilst the rest are all frost in finish. They perform beautifully all day long and are silky smooth that blend superbly. The Balm creates beautiful eyeshadows that are superior to most brands in formula. 

I really like this palette and would recommend it to all!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment