Thursday 19 September 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation + Powder Review and Photos


The Nearly Naked Foundation is Revlon's latest liquid foundation product and if you watch Youtube you would have seen the ads EVERYWHERE! Seriously, on nearly every video I've watched Emma Stone pops up with her 15 second advert featuring this foundation. I wish there was an option to exit out as I've already purchased and their marketing has obviously already worked on me! I purchased the foundation and powder together for $30 from Chemist Warehouse about a month ago and have been using it a fair bit.


The Revlon Nearly Naked Liquid Foundation comes in 12 shades and retails in Australia for $25.95. The glass bottle comes without a pump (urgghh) and has an SPF of 20. It has 30 ml (1 fluid ounce) of product. I would describe it as having a medium buildable coverage.  It doesn't cover all of my blemishes and I do have to go over it with a concealer. I will be reviewing the lightest shade which is 110 Ivory.

Please note: these photos were taken a month ago - my skin has greatly improved thanks to my new skincare routine which is coming soon!
Before without any makeup

Half on, half off

Both sides with foundation

No concealer
As you can see from the above photos it takes away nearly all of the redness and matches my neck really well. This is the lightest shade and I would say this is the MAC equivalent of the shade NC15. In terms of wear, it lasts all day with me and it will last a couple of hours longer with primer and powder. Please note, I have "normal" acne prone skin. What I like about this foundation is that it wears evenly and doesn't break down around the chin area (which is usually a problem for me).


The Revlon Nearly Naked Powder retails for $25.95 and contains 8 grams (0.28 ounces) of product. The packaging is bulky. I much prefer a more compacted design such as the MAC Studio Fix Powder and Australis Fresh and Flawless. This powder comes in 6 shades and I have 010 Fair. This powder is a shade darker than the Ivory foundation that I used and is noticeable upon application. Make sure to use with a light hand or you will have two different shades on your face. This powder does not cake up and feels lightweight on the skin. Think of this powder to add longevity to your foundation rather than adding coverage as it will not cover up any further blemishes or problem areas.


The packaging is bulky and features a small mirror (which is fairly useless). I don't care for the pillow like sponge applicator that is included as it's not sanitary nor practical. I think any powder/blush brush that you already have in your collection will suffice. The brush will kick up some product in the pan but is brushed away easily with a brush. What's also interesting to note is that I think it would be very easy to depot! Perfect for a Z Palette. 

Swatch
As always, I would recommend purchasing Revlon from Chemist Warehouse as they're always 15% off the RRP. I think a good price to pick these up on sale would be $20 or under. I doubt this product would be cheaper than $15 (if it goes down to $10 buy buy buy!). From a quick google, both powder and foundation retail for $10 in the States. 

Bottom line: I think the foundation is definitely worth picking up and I will be repurchasing as it is a good foundation with a medium coverage. The powder I'll use up but I won't be repurchasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment