Monday 9 September 2013

The Balm Schwing Liquid Liner Review, Swatches & Photos

I have a very sad review today. First of all, I LOVE the brand The Balm, it is one of my all time favourites. However this liquid liner is the worst product I've tried from The Balm.


The Balm says that "Create winning looks with this rich, matte-black finish that won’t smudge, flake, or take forever to dry". Wrong, wrong, wrong. This will smudge, it will flake and it will take awhile to dry. Liquid liners in my opinion need to be budge proof. Otherwise you will look like a panda mess!

The Balm Schwing Liquid Liner, 1.7ml. $23 AUD, $17 USD
I had high hopes for this liquid liner as it ticked all the boxes. Felt tip, long handle, the ability to give a small to big line and a reasonable price. But instead this liner smudges awfully as you can see from the (really bad quality iPhone) picture below.

Yep, that bottom wing was never meant to be there...
Upon initial application it does give off a really nice look. Clean, sharp lines delivered from the felt tip pen. The handle is excellent and aids in the control of application. The pot is also quite good for 'scraping off' excess product off the tip.



I definitely won't be repurchasing this product and I hope you don't either. A friend of mine also had the same problem with smudging of the liner (which was purchased in the States) so I know I didn't just get a bad batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment