Friday 6 September 2013

Real Techniques Duo Fibre Collection Review With Photos


I am OBSESSED with the brushes from Real Techniques and own most of them. For the price point you are definitely getting a great quality multi purpose brush. I've seen the limited edition duo-fiber collection brushes on iHerb for quite some time and finally picked them up for $19.99. These brushes also retail in Australia for $49.95 



What Real Techniques has to say...

Includes 3 limited edition brushes:
• duo-fiber face brush: for lightweight application
• duo-fiber contour brush: for controlled contouring & sculpting
• duo-fiber eye brush: for finishing touches to the eye
• a true multi-tasker – duo-fiber bristles work with cream, liquid or powder for an unbelievably air-brushed finish
• ultra-plush, synthetic bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free
• extended aluminum handles are light and easy to use




The duo-fiber face brush is my least favourite of the three. It's not dense enough to perform well with liquid or cream products. I also don't particularly care for it with powder. This brush is best used for highly pigmented products that you just want a sheer application of.







The duo-fibre contour brush is absolutely perfect for sculpting the cheek bones with blush, bronzer and highlighters. I prefer to use this brush with powder than cream products. This brush also performs better with foundation than the face brush.








The duo-fiber eye brush has become one of my favourites for precise eyeshadow application in the crease. It comes to a nice point that can actually make quite am effective cut crease. This brush has actually encouraged me to buy the MAC 286 Duo Fibre Blending Brush as I am in love with this kind of style brush for eye work. 







Whilst the face brush isn't really worth it the other two brushes in the set really make for the $20 price tag. If I had to repurchase I would for the sake of the contour & eye brushes. If you are Australian make sure you don't buy Real Techniques brushes from Priceline - it's SO expensive! Instead buy from iHerb. I have bought so many beauty and skincare items from them and would really recommend for their cheap and fast shipping.

Now, when you register as a user you are given a personal code that you can give to others. It's a pretty good referral system, if someone uses your code you get credit to use on any future orders.

If you use my code (or anyone elses) you will get $10 off your first order of $40+ or $5 off your first order of less than $40. This code DOES NOT EXPIRE but is only good for your first order.

My code is RFG485.

Enter my (or anyone elses) code at checkout!

No comments:

Post a Comment