Monday 28 October 2013

Beauty Haul & My Bad Experience With Look Fantastic

Yay! HAUL TIME!



Eyes:

  • Urban Decay Basics Palette (~$34AUD from Look Fantastic)
    • For a friend so obviously no swatches. I will definitely be picking one up for myself though!
  • Jordana Easy Liner for Eyes in Eggplant (dark purple) and Suede (mid tone brown) ($1.99 from Cherry Culture)
    • They're a retractable pencil liner.
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Double Ended Duo (~$24AUD from Look Fantastic)
    • Shades are Sabbath, Stash, Corrupt and Zero. I LOVE my 24/7 pencil liner in Pervasion so these should be just as good.
  • Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara (sample)
    • Free gift with purchase. Wand is similar to Benefit's They're Real but rather large. Don't know if I'm a fan.
Cheeks:
  • NARS Fall 2013 Blush Palettes ($69 from Mecca Cosmetica)
    • See more photos and swatches on a previous post here.  
  • Milani Baked Blushes in Berry Amore, Bellissimo Bronze, Rose D'oro ($6.99 from Cherry Culture)
    • Ooo these are nice.. I'm wearing them all as eyeshadows as I type this. I think I will pick some more up.
  • NYX Powder Blush in Taupe  ($5.50 from Cherry Culture))
    • Don't know why it took me so long to pick this one up, it comes so highly recommended.
Lips:
  • NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Amsterdam and Antwerp ($5.50 from Cherry Culture)
    • My second purchase of these - THEY'RE AMAZING! These are my favourite lip product and that's saying something.
  • NYX Extreme Lip Cream in Pinky Nude ($5.50 from Cherry Culture)
    • Shiny and sticky are the first impressions of the swatch. Hope it wasn't a waste of money.
  • Jordana Easyliner for Lips in Tawny and Sedona Red ($1.99 from Cherry Culture)
    • I've seen Carlibel55 use these a lot and they are really nice!
Complexion:
  • Benefit Porefessional (~$41AUD from Look Fantastic)
    • A really nice silicone based primer. A must have!
  • Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray (~$30AUD from Look Fantastic)
    • hhmmmm.. hmmmm.... We'll see if this works!
Now onto the low point of my haul. I purchased quite a few of these items from Look Fantastic at a pretty good deal with free gifts. My original order never arrived after a month. I reordered and whilst the items all indeed came the free gifts did not. I was pretty annoyed as the ONLY reason I shopped with this company is because of the the free gifts. When I contacted them they declined to offer me a discount code for next time or reimbursement. Very disappointing and I doubt I will be shopping again. I will stick to my trusted and true Beauty Bay.

1 comment:

  1. Some really good purchases Rachel. But sad to hear about your experience with Look Fantastic.
    Check out my recent mini haul over at http://beautyb00k.blogspot.co.uk/ and let me know what you think x :)

    ReplyDelete